Oak and cane
This chair was designed by G.E. Street for the Royal Courts of Justice in London, which were built to street’s designs between 1866 and 1882, and made by Gillow & Co. The underside of the left seat rail is stamped ‘GILLOW & CO LANCASTER’. This chair was formerly in the collection of benefactor and collector John Scott (b.1934).